Minimally invasive technology for treatment of chronic tendon pain.
Tenex Health's minimally invasive technology eliminates chronic tendon pain by precisely targeting and removing damaged tissue, without the need for conventional surgery.
Developed in collaboration with the world-renown MAYO Clinic, Tenex Health technology has been shown in clinical studies 1,2,5,6,7,8 to improve overall functionality and significantly decrease pain in the treatment of tendonitis in the elbow, hip, knee, ankle, and plantar fasciitis pain in the foot.
The patented technology removes the source of pain, which is the damaged tissue, and helps stimulate a renewed healing response4. In some instances, patients will recover in as early as 3-6 weeks.
What to Expect
1. Your doctor will use ultrasound imaging (the same non-invasive technology used to see babies in the womb) to visualize and identify the specific location of the damaged tendon.
2. Then the doctor will numb the area with a local anesthetic, gently applying Tenex Health’s ultrasonic tool to safely breakdown and remove the damaged tissue.
3. As the required incision is minimally-invasive and the ultrasonic energy precisely treats only the damaged tendon tissue, the surrounding healthy tissue is left unharmed.3,4,7
4. Stitches are not required, so your doctor will only apply a small, adhesive bandage after the procedure.
5. You will be able to go home immediately after the procedure is completed.
1 Barnes, Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2015.
2 Chimenti, Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2018.
3 Cimino, Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 1996.
4 Kamineni, Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research 2015.
5 Koh, The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 2013.
6 Nanos, PM&R Journal, 2015.
7 O’Daly, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2008.
8 Ostrum, MOJ Sports Medicine, 2018.