Minimally invasive technology for treatment of chronic tendon pain.
Tenex Health's minimally invasive technology eliminates chronic tendon pain by precisely targeting and removing damaged tissue, without the need for conventional surgery.
Developed in collaboration with the world-renown MAYO Clinic, clinical studies have shown that when Tenex Health technology is used to treat tendonitis in the elbow, hip, knee, ankle, and plantar fasciitis pain in the foot, overall functionality and a significant decrease in pain is exhibited.
The patented technology removes the source of pain, which is the damaged tissue, and helps stimulate a renewed healing response. Patient recovery periods can be expected in the range of 4-6 weeks.
What to Expect
1. Your doctor will use ultrasound imaging (the same non-invasive technology used to see babies in the womb) to visualize and identify the specific location of the damaged tendon.
2. Then the doctor will numb the area with a local anesthetic, gently applying Tenex Health’s ultrasonic tool to safely breakdown and remove the damaged tissue.
3. As the required incision is minimally-invasive and the ultrasonic energy precisely treats only the damaged tendon tissue, the surrounding healthy tissue is left unharmed, allowing patient recovery to be in the 4-6 week range, as mentioned above.
4. Stitches are not required, so your doctor will only apply a small, adhesive bandage after the procedure.
5. You will be able to go home immediately after the procedure is completed.