Join a DFU Bioskills Lab, and Discover How a 3mm Incision Could Help Save a Foot.†
Introducing a Minimally Invasive, Single-Procedure Solution for Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Register below.
Remove bony prominences subcutaneously for lasting diabetic foot ulcer relief.4,* Now you can treat a root cause of diabetic foot ulcers without entering or expanding the wound area. TX-Bone MicroTip is the minimally invasive alternative that uses ultrasonic technology to safely remove underlying bone and scar tissue. This simple outpatient procedure takes only minutes under local anesthesia, requires no stitches, and has a recurrence rate of less than 5%.4,*
A Revolutionary Treatment for Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Now there is a solution to treat the non-healing diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) and give patients the lasting results they need. Enabled by the Tenex Health TX System and new TX-Bone MicroTip, it is technology that:
Before and after images: Lewis H. Freed, DPM, FACFAS*,**
The Burden of the Disease
Until now, treatments for diabetic foot ulcers were ineffective, with a recurrence rate in patients as high as 65%.1 A significant 40-80% of diabetic foot ulcers became infected.2 Over 25% of patients required amputation.3
DFU Clinical Experience
In one study of 105 DFU patients, 96% were healed with a < 5% recurrence rate and an average healing time of <3.5 weeks. All had prior advanced wound care.4,*
The Tenex Health TX System with TX-Bone MicroTip offer DFU patients additional benefits, including:
- A minimally invasively, subcutaneous procedure performed through small incisions
- Spares healthy soft tissue while cutting and removing the diseased tissue5
- Safe for patients5
- Quick procedure time
- Only one procedure required
- Effective for many types of ulcers
- Uses local anesthetic
- Performed in an out-patient setting
- Decreases the cost of care**
Contact Us for a Demo
1. Armstrong DG, et al.N Engl J Med 2017; 376:2367-2375.
2. Geraghty T, LaPorta G. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res2019 Jun;19(3):279-286.
3. Kim S, et al. Vasc Spec Int 2018;34:109-116.
4. Freed L, 603-P: A Unique, Definitive, and Durable Solution for the Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcer, Diabetes 2020 Jun; 69(Supplement 1).
5. Data on file.
†Non-healing DFUs can lead to lower leg amputation. Healing the DFU may stop this progression. Results may vary. Kim S, et al. Vasc Spec Int 2018;34:109-116.
*Studies were the independent work of the participating physicians and were not promoted by Tenex Health, Inc. in any way. Tenex Health, Inc. does not promote use of the TX1 MicroTip or TX2 MicroTip for the treatment of hard tissue pathology or diabetic foot ulcers. The TX-Bone (TXB) MicroTip was developed, indicated, and FDA cleared for the treatment of hard tissue pathology and diabetic foot ulcers.
**Freed L, DPM, FACFAS, Mesa, AZ, Webinar, Jan 21, 2020.
MKT-386-001 Rev B