Fasciotomy and Surgical Tenotomy
The innovative FAST™ Technique— Fasciotomy and Surgical Tenotomy—is a gentle method for percutaneous cutting and removal of tissue and restoration of natural tendon and soft tissue function. The FAST Technique utilizing the TX1™ Tissue Removal System can be used to address the most common areas for tendon and soft tissue injuries including:
- Lateral and medial epicondyle
- Patellar tendon
- Rotator cuff
- Plantar fascia
- Achilles tendon
Based on technology developed in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic, FAST combines conventional ultrasonic imaging for visualization with the advanced TX1 Tissue Removal System.
The TX1 MicroTip simultaneously cuts and debrides diseased tendon or other soft tissue in various musculoskeletal structures. This video demonstrates the removal of pathologic tissue in the lateral epicondyle of the elbow.
Quick and Minimally Invasive
The FAST Technique enables doctors to provide their patients with a rapid and precise option for removing pathologic soft tissue without an open surgical procedure.
- Perform under local anesthetic with patient completely awake
- Percutaneous insertion of TX1 MicroTip
- Requires only a nurse or technician to assist with system controls
- Tiny microinsertion minimizes infection risk
- Treatment performed in 15 minutes or less
- Tiny microincision (3 mm) closed with an adhesive bandage
- Anticipated patient recovery time is approximately 6 weeks for return to normal activity levels